‘You can be as rude as you like’
3 canvases each 100x80cm with some elements of graffiti
Working out some ideas
Posted in canvas, colour, studio
- Tagged abstract, abstract expressionism, Berlin, Berlin galleries, cold wax medium, contemporary art, European art galleries, experimenting, gold, graffiti, New York, pink, process
So excited to be able to share that the 9 ‘poured’ paintings that I made in the last few days have ALL been requested by Mark Borghi Fine Art for his Palm Beach gallery in Florida
Posted in exhibitions, galleries
- Tagged abstract, abstract expressionism, Art Miami Beach, beach, cold wax medium, contemporary art, experimenting, expressionism, Florida, gallery, Liz Doyle, lizdoylepaints, Mark Borghi Fine Art, Miami Beach, painting, process, USA
Posted in cold wax, colour, studio
- Tagged abstract, abstract expressionism, artist studio, cold wax medium, contemporary art, donegal, experiment, experimental, experimenting, expressionism, Ireland, Liz Doyle, Mixed media, painting, process, studio, work in progress
Another large piece ‘revamped’ with tape and a squeegee!
Posted in canvas, colour, studio, Uncategorized
- Tagged #land #earth, abstraction, contemporary art, contemporary art collectors, experimenting, geometric art, Ireland, studio
Update on a large painting. 100x160cm on linen
Posted in canvas, colour, Uncategorized
- Tagged #abstractart, #NewYork, contemporary art, curve of the earth, experimenting, large paintings, planningforasoloshow, red, studio, Terracotta
Trying to get a painterly, layered, rich, unfussy, not too ‘overworked looking’ effect with acrylics. Using a gloss gel medium. Applying with a squeegee. Layering by transferring onto and from baking paper. Very frustrating. Looking forward to getting back to my oils and cold wax medium in my studio at home!
Some images from an A2 (60x40cm) cartridge pad, and an A4 (40x30cm) brown card sketchbook
Yesterday’s adventures up on the studio wall.