‘You can be as rude as you like’
3 canvases each 100x80cm with some elements of graffiti
Working out some ideas
Posted in canvas, colour, studio
- Tagged abstract, abstract expressionism, Berlin, Berlin galleries, cold wax medium, contemporary art, European art galleries, experimenting, gold, graffiti, New York, pink, process
I haven’t quite known how to share my recent works and talk about them here up till now. I’m having a bit of ‘breakdown’ perhaps. Not an illness. Just in painting terms. I am experimenting with pouring paint. Over older dry paintings. It’s hard to explain why. Or what it means. I hope this aggressive, bold use of strong colour, with forms forming themselves, directed by gravity and manipulated by the tilt of the canvas or a blot with tissue, will lead somewhere. In the meantime maybe they can say something for themselves.
On Facebook a friend commented that I am bringing graffiti and vandalism into the studio. Yes! I think the friend is right. Sometimes we need to force a change. To fight off the status quo.
Posted in paint overs, studio
- Tagged abstract expressionism, change, climate change, cold wax, contemporary art, disaffection, experimental, expressionism, graffiti, green, protest, rebellion, time for a change, tipping point, vandalism
Posted in cold wax, colour, studio
- Tagged abstract, abstract expressionism, artist studio, cold wax medium, contemporary art, donegal, experiment, experimental, experimenting, expressionism, Ireland, Liz Doyle, Mixed media, painting, process, studio, work in progress
Another large piece ‘revamped’ with tape and a squeegee!
Posted in canvas, colour, studio, Uncategorized
- Tagged #land #earth, abstraction, contemporary art, contemporary art collectors, experimenting, geometric art, Ireland, studio
More of the same but different
These two are on poplar cradled birch panel, each 80cm sq
Posted in cold wax, galleries, studio, Uncategorized
- Tagged cold wax medium, earth, fullers earth, oil, pigment, red, Terracotta, vessels