I’ve run out of supports again!
Posted in canvas, cold wax, colour, multiples / panoramas, paint overs, painting, Uncategorized
- Tagged blue, cold wax medium, color field, colour field, contemporary art, contemporary art collectors, emerging artist, kunst, oils, orange, pink
Had some fun this morning letting rip with the pinks!
This is what they were like before:
Posted in colour, paint overs, studio, Uncategorized
- Tagged Abstract art, abstract landscape, contemporary art, expressionism, freedom of expression, go for it, magenta, pink
4 new panels each 70x50cm
Posted in cold wax, colour, Donegal, multiples / panoramas, paint overs, painting, studio, wooden panels
- Tagged #abstractart, abstract, Abstract art, abstract expressionism, art, art practice, artist studio, artistsintheirstudios, blue, cold wax, cold wax medium, colour, County Donegal, expessionism, Irish artists, lizdoylepaints, paint overs, painting, panel, panels, powder pigment
These 2 are each 60cm square and have undergone a change of heart, or a facelift or a renaissance! Formerly they were darker and mostly orange and quite ‘loud’ with a title to reflect that mood : ‘Tolerate chaos’- the title taken from the 10 well known painting rules of the Bay artist, Richard Diebenkorn.
Now they are calmer and paler, with a new title, ‘Formerly chaos’, perhaps with a nod to us being in control of our moods along with our palette if we so choose!
These 2 are a bit bigger, at 80cm square. They have had a similar transformation using a pale palette of pale ochres, yellows and some very pale blue. Their former title was ‘Oceans, a tipping point’ – part of a series of 5 canvases. They haven’t got new individual names yet
Thus one is ‘Musing’, also 80cm square plus frame, painted 2 years ago on my furst residency at Stiwdio Maelor in Corris in Wales and then exhibited at a group show at Terre Verte Gallery in Cornwall. Home now from her adventures
These 2, ‘Sunshine 1&2’ have also just returned from Cornwall and are also each 80cm square plus frame
Posted in canvas, cold wax, colour, galleries, Ireland, multiples / panoramas, nature, paint overs, painting, studio
- Tagged colour, Cornwall, Diebenkorn, Liz Doyle, TerreVerteGallery
Posted in canvas, cold wax, colour, Donegal, Ireland, methods, paint overs, painting, studio, wooden panels
- Tagged Abstract art, artistsintheirstudios, coldwaxmedium, layers, Liz Doyle, pastel, reworking, tone
These seem to fit with the Blood and Concrete paintings from a week or so ago
Maybe it’s a series