Posted in cold wax, colour, studio
- Tagged abstract, abstract expressionism, artist studio, cold wax medium, contemporary art, donegal, experiment, experimental, experimenting, expressionism, Ireland, Liz Doyle, Mixed media, painting, process, studio, work in progress
Another large piece ‘revamped’ with tape and a squeegee!
Posted in canvas, colour, studio, Uncategorized
- Tagged #land #earth, abstraction, contemporary art, contemporary art collectors, experimenting, geometric art, Ireland, studio
Each piece 70 x50 cm oil and cold wax medium on poplar cradled 5ply birch
Two paintings today, both with underpainting in bright red and orange, but surface colours mostly blues
This one is my regular size, 80 cm sq
Title :’All manner of things I’ll never understand’
This is a big one, 160cm x 220 cm, unstretched canvas, stapled to the studio wall. ‘Is there anyone there?’
Posted in painting, Uncategorized
- Tagged #abstractart, abstract expressionism, art, blue, cold wax medium, colour, donegal, doubt, Ireland, questioning, questions, underpainting
Its our wedding anniversary at the weekend and we’re celebrating with an ‘open house’ event. There will be tea and buns, a glass or so of wine, and LOADS OF PAINTINGS
Posted in colour, exhibitions, Ireland, painting, studio
- Tagged 40years, art, big paintings, celebration, donegal, exhibition, Ireland, marriage, wedding
These are ‘Blood and Concrete ‘ 1 & 2
Each piece 100 x 80cm on canvas plus frame.
They were exhibited last month at Green Fuse Gallery in Westport, County Mayo.
I have submitted them to ‘Cairde Visual’ at the Model, in Sligo for their annual juried Summer show as part of Cairde Festival. I should hear soon if they have been selected. Fingers crossed!
These pieces developed out of my response to images of destruction in Aleppo, Syria. However, I don’t see them as sad paintings, but abstract images in their own right. It’s up to the viewer to make their own interpretation. I would be interested to hear from anyone if they have a particular reaction. Thanks
Posted in canvas, cold wax, colour, Donegal, exhibitions, festivals, galleries, Ireland, multiples / panoramas, painting, submissions
- Tagged @GreenFuseGallery, Aleppo, Cairde Visual, Ireland, Sligo, Syria, TheModelSligo