4 fresh bright breezy works for the day that’s in it 🍀
Posted in canvas, Ireland, painting
- Tagged Abstract art, abstract expressionism, alchemilla mollis, art collectors, beach, Canvas, cold wax, cold wax medium, colour, contemporary art, donegal, galleries, green, interior design, light, lizdoylepaints, sea, studio, summer, texture, weather
These 3 paintings are unusually simple and delicate for me. They were made by transferring some paint, with marks I particularly liked, from canvas onto unprimed birch panels. The image was made by pressing creased tissue paper onto the canvas and then transferring the ‘print’ into the panel. I suppose they are mono prints of sorts.
I’m not sure how I will seal them, probably a coat of oil and cold wax medium when they are fully dry in a few weeks
Posted in cold wax, colour, wooden panels
- Tagged Abstract art, cold wax, cold wax medium, contemporary art, donegal, experiment, experimental, green, Ireland, Mixed media, Nepal, oils, painting, process, red, spring, studio
I haven’t quite known how to share my recent works and talk about them here up till now. I’m having a bit of ‘breakdown’ perhaps. Not an illness. Just in painting terms. I am experimenting with pouring paint. Over older dry paintings. It’s hard to explain why. Or what it means. I hope this aggressive, bold use of strong colour, with forms forming themselves, directed by gravity and manipulated by the tilt of the canvas or a blot with tissue, will lead somewhere. In the meantime maybe they can say something for themselves.
On Facebook a friend commented that I am bringing graffiti and vandalism into the studio. Yes! I think the friend is right. Sometimes we need to force a change. To fight off the status quo.
Posted in paint overs, studio
- Tagged abstract expressionism, change, climate change, cold wax, contemporary art, disaffection, experimental, expressionism, graffiti, green, protest, rebellion, time for a change, tipping point, vandalism
I took this photo of mint and lemon juice on my last day in Kathmandu in December especially to share with you today
Have a lovely day and keep safe too wherever you are
Posted in multiples / panoramas, painting, Uncategorized
- Tagged abstract, Abstract art, art, charity auction, drawing, green, on-line auction, orange, Paint, paper, purple, red, turquoise
from ‘october musings’
2 paintings nearly dry in my studio oil and graphite on canvas 80cm sq
swinging in the sun with daisies
some painting impressions (details)
Posted in painting, Uncategorized, wanderings abroad
- Tagged abstract, Abstract art, doors, green, impressions, Italy, Le Marche, oils, painting, photography, relax, sunshine, swingseat, travel